The requirements for receiving housing allowance are as follows:
- You are 18 years of age or older;
- You rent an independent accommodation, meaning you have your own front door/house number;
- You and your co-residents are registered at your home address in the Netherlands;
- Your (combined) income and capital is not too high;
- Capital savings in 2020: max €30.846 alone, and €61.692 if you have a fiscal partner ;
- Since 2020, there is no maximum income anymore, because now your eligibility is calculated by comparing your income to your rent, age, and household situation. As an indication, in 2019 the max annual income was €22.700 if you lived alone, and €30.825 if you lived together;
- Your rent in 2020 is below:
- €432,51 if you are between 18 and 23 years old;
- €737,14 if you are 23+ years old or if you have a child living with you;
- You have the nationality of an EU country, Liechtenstein, Norway, Iceland or Switzerland;
- Are you from another country? In that case, you can still get the allowance if you have a valid residence or work permit.
Do you meet these requirements? Then click on this link to apply for your own huurtoeslag (you will need a DigiD for this).